*** Applications for a September 2019 start (Secondary or Primary QTS ITT route) open via UCAS mid-October 2018 ***
*** Applications for the Assessment Only route are now OPEN ***
We are the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance School-Centred Initial Teacher Training partnership
The Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance (YTCA) SCITT has a highly successful track record of developing outstanding teachers. We are a small SCITT which allows us to personalise our training for each trainee as well as offering excellent training and placement opportunities within our dedicated Partner Schools.
We offer two routes to achieving Qualified Teacher Status: The School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) Route and the Assessment Only Route.
Our programmes aim to:
- Produce outstanding newly-qualified classroom teachers by supporting them to achieve Qualified Teacher Status at the highest level;
- Enrich the education sector and to deliver a quality of teacher recruitment which will drive forward an enhanced model of school improvement across our Alliance;
- Provide access to high-quality training and professional development for trainee teachers.
Trainees/unqualified teachers who successfully complete the programme will demonstrate:
- That they have met the Teachers’ Standards and are prepared to begin their teaching career;
- That they are life-long learners;
- That they have high expectations of their students as well as themselves;
- A secure and detailed subject knowledge;
- A passion for teaching and educating the next generation.
To find out more about our programmes please visit our dedicated pages.
As Seen On TV
Teaching offers you all the opportunities, training, support and rewards you need to develop and build a stimulating and successful career.
You can find out what it’s like to be a teacher and discover more real-life stories from teachers on the Get Into Teaching YouTube channel.