*** Applications for a September 2018 start (Secondary or Primary QTS ITT route) open via UCAS mid-October 2017 ***
*** Applications for the Assessment Only route are now OPEN ***
Initial Teacher Training (ITT) route to QTS
The Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (YTCA SCITT) programme has a fee of £9,000 per trainee teacher for the academic year 2017-18 (fee for 2018-19 TBC but will be no higher than the maximum fee agreed with the DfE).
Bursaries are available for a number of subject/phase specialisms. To explore whether you may be eligible, check out the up-to-date information below:/p>
Assessment Only route to QTS
There is no funding from Student Finance or the DfE/NCTL available for this route, so candidates are fully self-funded.
Our fee for this route is £2, 000.
- Pre-assessment materials and folder for compilation of evidence
- Induction meeting
- Support from a named member of the YTCA SCITT team
- Assessment visit(s) from a YTCA SCITT Assessment Only Assessor
- Registration with the NCTL and associated administration for the recommendation for QTS
- Enhanced DBS application, where the candidate does not have Enhanced DBS Clearance subscribed to the Update Service
- Health questionnaire checks
The fee is payable in the following ways:
- Option 1 – in full before the commencement of the course
- Option 2 – in two instalments – £1,000 prior to commencement of the place; £1,000 prior to completion of the assessment
- Option 3 – in three instalments – £1, 000 prior to commencement of the place; £500 halfway through the assessment; £500 prior to completion of the assessment.
- You must complete payment of your fees before your assessment period (up to 12 weeks maximum) ends. Non-payment will result in your assessment being incomplete and you will not be recommended for QTS.
All Assessment Only candidates who are successful in being accepted onto this route must pay 50% – £1, 000 – of the full cost of this route prior to starting their assessment period. This is non-refundable.
Contact Alys Finch (Executive Lead)
Phone: 01977 657604
Address: Training and Conference Centre, Minsthorpe Community College, Minsthorpe Lane, South Elmsall WF9 2UJ