Tuition Fees for the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (YTCA SCITT) programme are £9150 per trainee teacher for the academic year. This includes:
- The cost of DBS and medical checks;
- Programme materials;
- Mentor payments to Partner Schools who support you with your training;
- Core training costs including the services of expert facilitators;
- Quality Assurance visits from the QA Link Tutor;
- Assessment by the External Moderator;
- Registration with the NCTL and associated administration for the recommendation of QTS.
Government Bursaries are available for a number of subject/phase specialisms. To explore whether you may be eligible, check out the up-to-date information at Get into Teaching – Funding Options.
Home students in England may also be eligible for a student maintenance loan to help towards accommodation and other living costs but this will be determined by the Student Loan Company when you make an application for your tuition fee loan. Additional amounts are available to parents of one or more children in childcare and for students with caring responsibilities. This is available through Student Finance England. More information on the Student Loan for Maintenance can be found at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.
Assessment Only Route
There is no funding from Student Finance or the DfE/NCTL available for this route, so candidates are fully self-funded.
Our fee for this route is £2200 (+ £100 if you wish to be interviewed in your own setting which must be paid prior to interview).
- Induction meeting;
- Support from a named member of the YTCA SCITT team;
- Assessment visit(s) from a YTCA SCITT Assessment Only Route Assessor;
- Registration with the NCTL and associated administration for the recommendation for QTS.
The fee is payable in the following ways:
- Option 1 – in full before the commencement of the course.
- Option 2 – in two instalments – £1100 prior to commencement of the place; £1100 prior to completion of the assessment.
- Option 3 – in three instalments – £1100 prior to commencement of the place; £550 halfway through the assessment; £550 prior to completion of the assessment.
- You must complete payment of your fees before your assessment period (up to 12 weeks maximum) ends. Non-payment will result in your assessment being incomplete and you will not be recommended for QTS.
- All Assessment Only candidates who are successful in being accepted onto this route must pay 50% (£1100) of the full cost of this route prior to starting their assessment period. This is non-refundable.
The recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status and, where applicable, achievement of the Post Graduate Certificate in Education award will be withheld from any trainee/candidate who fails to honour all monetary debts.
The trainee/candidate is liable for the relevant course fees whether or not the course is completed. For the SCITT programme, if the trainee takes more than three terms to complete the training, additional tuition fees will become due.