Tuition Fees for the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (YTCA SCITT) programme are £9200 per trainee teacher for the academic year. This includes:
- The cost of DBS and medical checks;
- Programme materials;
- Mentor payments to Partner Schools who support you with your training;
- Core training costs including the services of expert facilitators;
- Quality Assurance visits from the QA Link Tutor;
- Assessment by the External Moderator;
- Registration with the NCTL and associated administration for the recommendation of QTS.
Government Bursaries are available for a number of subject/phase specialisms. To explore whether you may be eligible, check out the up-to-date information at Get into Teaching – Funding Options.
Home students in England may also be eligible for a student maintenance loan to help towards accommodation and other living costs but this will be determined by the Student Loan Company when you make an application for your tuition fee loan. Additional amounts are available to parents of one or more children in childcare and for students with caring responsibilities. This is available through Student Finance England. More information on the Student Loan for Maintenance can be found at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.
Assessment Only Route
There is no funding from Student Finance or the DfE/NCTL available for this route, so candidates are fully self-funded.
Our fee for this route is £2300 (+ £100 if you wish to be interviewed in your own setting which must be paid prior to interview).
- Pre-Assessment visit and Induction meeting;
- Support from a named member of the YTCA SCITT team;
- Assessment visit(s) from a YTCA SCITT Assessment Only Route Assessor;
- Registration with the NCTL and associated administration for the recommendation for QTS.
The fee is payable as follows:
- £150– before your Pre-Assessment Visit;
- £2150– if successful, prior to starting your Assessment Period (payment plans can be considered);
- These payments are non-refundable;
- You must complete payment of your fees before your assessment period (up to 12 weeks maximum) ends. Non-payment will result in your assessment being incomplete and you will not be recommended for QTS.
The recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status and, where applicable, achievement of the Post Graduate Certificate in Education award will be withheld from any trainee/candidate who fails to honour all monetary debts.
The trainee/candidate is liable for the relevant course fees whether or not the course is completed. For the SCITT programme, if the trainee takes more than three terms to complete the training, additional tuition fees will become due.