*** Applications for a September 2018 start (Secondary or Primary QTS ITT route) open via UCAS mid-October 2017 ***
*** Applications for the Assessment Only route are now OPEN ***
Our vision is to ensure the best possible education for young people in Yorkshire schools through our collective passion for Initial Teacher Training. Our partnership of schools, external providers and inspirational young people in our schools leads on the selection, design and delivery of the teacher training programme across the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance. We strive for excellence: the rigour, experiential and academic learning that comprise the YTCA SCITT teacher training course are matched by excellent pastoral care and Masters’ level work delivered in tandem with our university partner.
The Yorkshire Three Counties School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (YTCA SCITT) provides a ‘mixed economy’ of training, an opportunity to "grow our own" talent and respond strategically to succession planning across our partnership. We invest in all of our communities across three Yorkshire counties of very different social and economic needs, developing established staff and enhancing the improvement of learning in all partnership schools whilst producing outstanding newly-qualified classroom teachers.
Our Vision, Purposes and Outcomes:
All students in all of our schools have a right to the best education and learning opportunities through being taught by outstanding teachers. All teachers who train through the Yorkshire Three Counties Alliance School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (YTCA SCITT) programme will become reflective, inspirational and continuously developing practitioners whose impact on learners is significant.
To achieve this, we will:
- Through our Initial Teacher Training route to QTS with PGCE (from Sheffield Hallam University):
- Select trainees with the potential to be outstanding teachers;
- Provide a challenging, stimulating and inspirational teacher training programme designed to create inspirational teachers;
- Support our new trainees to work at Masters Level (Level 7) for a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), gaining credits towards Masters degrees;
- Prepare our trainees for future leadership roles within the teaching profession and education sector.
- Through our Assessment Only route to QTS:
- Select candidates who are able to demonstrate that they meet the Teachers’ Standards at a high level;
- Provide opportunities for excellent unqualified teachers in our communities to gain recognition as qualified teachers;
- Support teachers to enhance their own learning, experience and status as professionals to enhance the educational opportunities of their learners.
Contact Rebecca Turner-Loisel (Executive Lead)
Phone: 01977 657604
Address: Training and Conference Centre, Minsthorpe Community College, Minsthorpe Lane, South Elmsall WF9 2UJ